Saturday, December 16, 2017

WHAT NOW MOMENT

Have you ever had those moments no wait those days or weeks where everything seems to be going wrong? Now that you're having your tea and things seem so calm and you're enjoying the moment. Those thoughts didn't go away. Just because you are now in a calm state is your brain in that same state you're in. May be not because you're thinking it's calm all around me so now I can process all that's happened for the week or that one day. 

Is it the tea really calming you or is it the peace of God? Yes, you're in a moment and you love that tea because it's your favorite flavor. (I know I am). I love my tea, but I do understand the peace I am feeling is all God. He is the one that is covering me or even clothing me right now with His peace. I know there are different teas out there to give you a natural calmness but nothing like God. Once all of that great and tasty tea is gone your moment of peace or calmness seem to just go away. Especially, when your kids come running into your room, or your kitchen, or your favorite spot for Morning Tea. Your thoughts can really take over and ruin the moment and you get upset at the kids, or the loud dog or whatever has interrupted your peacefully moment. That's not fair to the kids or whomever or whatever you just lashed out at. I had to learn this (it took a very long time and it wasn't not overnight) to understand that it had to do with my thoughts. 

My negative thoughts were ruining my Morning Tea moments with God. Then when one of my children and if you read my bio I have ( 4) called me I would say: "WHAT NOW". I would believe they (my kids) were ruining my moment when really it was my negative thoughts. Don't mask that “What Now” outburst with tea thinking it will calm you. Those moments only last for a brief moment and you want something longer. God’s peace will never leave you no matter if it is a “What Now” moment happening for you. Now when those moments start to happen stop, step back, and just breathe. Say to yourself, “God let your peace flow in overtime for me right now in Jesus Name.” Then allow peace to happen for you. 

Tea is a great beverage to enjoy but it shouldn't be your source of calmness and peace. Only God can do that and it's long term.

P.S. I love tea, but I love God more..... 

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all... 2 Thessalonians 3:16 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment